Studies out this year reveal four emerging trends in B2B:
1. Millennials now play a greater role in B2B. Between 2012 and 2014, the number of 18 to 34-year-old B2B researchers grew by 70 percent. This segment now makes up more than half of all B2B researchers and continues to grow.
2. LinkedIn plays a significant role in B2B marketing. At least 92 percent of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for marketing with 66 percent reporting good results from using the site.
3. Instagram offers untapped opportunity. While Instagram has become one of the fastest growing platforms and boasts of the highest social media interaction rate, only 33 percent of B2B brands use it.
4. Content still reigns king. Up to 89 percent of B2B marketers use content in their marketing strategies. Additionally, 62 percent of B2B marketers noted improved success in their 2017 content marketing strategy as compared to 2016.
5. Mobile friendly is bottom line friendly. Up to 54 percent of all emails are opened on mobile devices. This is significant since 92 percent of B2B marketers distribute their content by email.